Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Longest Day

I swear, today has lasted forever! I woke up at 6 am with Alexander. And, actually, that was when Hunter came and got me out of bed too. So, that was it for sleep! We had a fairly decent day, but MAN was it exhausting! Alex took a nap this morning, but then pretty much refused one after that. He JUST went down and I am praying he sleeps this time. He has a pretty nasty diaper rash from all the poopy diapers. Poor little guy...and his top little chompers are coming in so he is in some pain :-(

Hunter, of course, refused to nap. Little turkey. But he had a pretty good day too. He got to go outside with Daddy this evening. It was 65 degrees today. He's out cold now. He didn't have any accidents all day and went poop 2 times on the potty all by himself. He would just disappear and I knew he was going to poop.

I heard some really fantastic news today! There was a family we met when we were in MN in October in the Oncology unit at Children's Hospital. Alexander was getting his blood transfusion and there was a little boy receiving chemotheraphy across the hall from us. Well, this is the second time the cancer had returned and his mother told us his prognosis was grim. He was a candidate for a very rare proton therapy that is experimental, but his best shot at a future. Only 3 or 5 (can't remember) universities do the therapy, and they had been turned down by all 5 :-( Well, they were urged to try Indiana University again, so they did. They said YES!!! His name is Victor, and if you are curious to follow his story here is their website http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/corinnewatters. There is much more to the story, so check it out. I was very, very excited to hear some good news for that poor little boy.

Alexander is now 9 months and I need to make his well-baby checkup appointment soon. He goes to his hematologist on Jan 5th too. Lots of appointments. I have lots of questions for the hematologist, but I am not going to that appointment. Josh is going to take him while I stay home with Hunter. I am going to write all my questions down for Josh to ask, and make him take notes on the answers. We had a pretty rough visit at the last appointment and I didn't handle it very well, so Josh is going to take this shift for me. Hunter was just rotten at the appointment, and Alexander got fussy because we were there for 4 hours. I didn't get the results I was desperately hoping for...etc.

I did fairly well with my diet today. I am pretty happy with that. However, I have yet to do my workout. I will be doing it though, I promise! I think this is about all I have for today. My days are always very eventful and I could easily write a book each and every day. But I will save you the book torture :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment