Monday, March 23, 2009

Toys! Toys Everywhere!

So, here is my question...WHY is it that when you have kids your house (literally overnight) turns into this packed toy museum? WHY do I have 9 million of the same toys? I have toys in every room.

Well, I decided to take this in hand and go through all my toys to chuck the ones they never play with, are missing pieces or are broken. Naturally, when looking at these toys I only found about 8 I could manage to throw away. Alex will be growing into the ones that Hunter is too big for and since we are home a lot they literally play with nearly ALL their toys. Plus, once Alex catches up to Hunter then I will NEED 2 dump trucks, and 2 tractors with trailers, and several trains, right? This, my friends, is called rationalization. It's not at all healthy, but unfortunately it is totally normal.

I haven't even gone through Alex's toybox or my entire downstairs (which has about 3 times as many toys as my upstairs). We are having a yard sale this spring (getting rid of ALL the baby stuff - - no more kids for us!) and I am hoping to have a lot of toys to sell or give to Good Will.

I am so sick of the JUNK that we have. Just THINGS. Bleh. I SO wish I had time to Spring Clean...I would need a whole week without the kids to do it. Not gonna happen, so I will have to make do with my yard sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment